In this podcast, I talk with Bill DeSimone about his new book: "Joint Friendly Fitness" We talk about how to stay healthy and fit while training around injuries. We discuss some of the newest research in the fitness industry, Bill's take on it, along with his own experiences as a high-level fitness coach.
We also cover some of the most common myths in fitness, some basic "101s" that is usually misunderstood, and how our perceptions and biases can impact our long term health.
I hope you enjoy this podcast as much as I did! Enjoy!
Click below to listen to the podcast:
- 7:15 – Influences, books and mentors that have informed Bill's training.
- 10:34 – How typical fitness clients changed over the decades
- 16:14 – Confirmation Bias and injuries in training
- 20:53 – Crossfit, Social fitness and treating fitness as a sport
- 19:30 – Injuries don't show up until later in life
- 31:23 – Survivorship Bias, and why you shouldn't follow the training routines of celebrities and sports stars
We talk about strength training for older adults, bodyweight exercises for seniors, as well as core principles to building strength and endurance that we teach here at Sustainable Success.
I hope you enjoy listening to the podcast, and get as much out of it as I have!
Follow Bill at:
Need a trainer that follows a lot of the same principles as Bill?